Thursday, January 6, 2011

Color Inspiration: The Notebook


It has been a long time since I have posted a color palette that was inspired/influenced by a film so ta-da.

I am going to be honest here and say that I have never seen the Notebook but the screenshots that I have collected from this film are truly lovely. Everything from the costumes to the locations are dreamy and romantic, plus THAT kiss in the rain (I have seen that part).

I often like to combine images (as many of you already know) to reinforce what it is that I am seeing that draws me in and evokes some sort of emotional response. This textile design from William Morris seemed to be a perfect example of how well these colors play off of one another. What do you think?

And while we are the subject of the Notebook, this has to be the best award acceptance EVER...

5 comments:

  1. That textile design compliments PERFECTLY! And, is so beautiful. I love the movie, but hadn't seen that acceptance speech. OMG, they were the CUTEST couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally captured the mood of The Notebook with your palette and print. Love the video too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and yes, romantic. Can't believe you haven't seen The Notebook! Good grief woman. Such a good story and I dare you not to cry at the end. Xo, Margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. they have the best chemistry! that MTV spot is stellar. and adore your color palette/image combo.

    pea ess: thanks so much for visiting, your comments made me smile! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to make a girl blush! What a great movie and story. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails