Saturday, September 25, 2010

Inspiration has arrived!!!


I have finally finished my inspiration blogging board for the BYW class, hooray. I have never created a mood board before and must admit I am hooked. I have always enjoyed working on collages so this was right up my alley.

A few of my favorite details include:

- A small illustration from my sketchbook based on a vintage vogue pattern I have stashed in a drawer.

- Stitching on paper, I have always loved the way this looks and try to use whenever possible.

- Some buttons that belonged to my great grandmother, I have quite a few glass bottles of these gems.

- A fabulous card from Paper Source, it makes me laugh every time I see it. 



The idea of this blog has progressed from just posting an iPhone picture everyday to something more and I couldn't be more excited about all the possibilities. I have enjoyed finding inspiration all around me and in the great community that I have been introduced to through blogging. I can't wait to continue along this adventure with all of you. 

Stay tuned...

11 comments:

  1. Looks great Angela!
    Love the blue socks picture.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is great - I have not attempted it yet, but excited to try a photo collage using text from BYW. Off to look for your Mac & Cheese post!

    Laura, HappyHomemakerUK.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Angela. I haven't even started my collage yet, oops! p.s Thanks for stopping by my blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Carole...Thank you, that Kate Spade image is one of my favorites.

    @ Laura... Thank you so much for stopping in for a visit. it was a fun project and I highly recommend it, watcch out though as it has become a bit addictive.

    @Maria...ahh thanks so much for the kind words, it is amazing how quickly the past couple of weeks have gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're killing me Angela! How did you make it look 3D? Love it! XO, Margie

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Margie...thank you soooo much :) I added a little bit dimension to it by placing small pieces of foam core underneath certain elements, a trick I learned a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Achk! Love those ladies with the birdcage wigs! Now I want to do another one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Frau S...Isn't that the best, you should do another one it would be loads of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your inspiration/ mood board. Your 365 day iPhone photo idea is brilliant. Look forward to following the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Angela, I just found you on BYW. I love your blog! It's taking me so long to get around to reading everything, I'm a super slow reader. And, I just noticed that you practically live next door to me, Ha! You're inspiration board is totally cute, I'm curious if you sewed the numbers on the paper by hand. I really adore that look too. I've done little book bindings like this--kind of gives it that special handmade touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Where My Heart Is...Thank you for stopping in to say hello!! I love all the fun apps on the iphone and a in the process of uploading my pics soon. I hope to see you again soon.

    @Tricia...Well hello neighbor!! Thank you so much for coming by and the lovely compliment. I am still trying to make my way through all the blogs from class as well. I did sew the numbers by hand, glad to see that I am not the only person who loves this. I have always wanted to learn book binding, did you take a class locally?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails