Friday, September 10, 2010

Singing and Dancing.

Photo taken by Angela Quintanar.

Have you ever been in the car belting out a song that you have sung a million times? You know that song that you have in your ipod and when it comes on you smile, turn it up and sing really loud (and then there's a guy in a Honda next to you staring at you like he has never seen someone sing with such enthusiasm, I saw you to Honda guy) cause you LOVE that song. Well there I was singing one of those songs and then I started  listening to words, I mean really listening and I was suddenly struck by how lovely they were:

Love sings
When it transcends the bad things
Have a heart and try me
Cause without love I won't survive...

The purpose of this blog (in addition to keeping track of all the pretty things I come across including random photos of Don Draper) is/was to challenge myself to find the small things in the day to day that we often don't notice. By forcing myself to capture those things, whether they be thoughts or moments, with an image I have found myself paying attention to everything. Inspiration can come from anywhere, even at 8:00 AM on your Friday commute to work.

Finally I would like to share the video below with you, I first came across it on dooce. It made me smile, dance and put me in a "Nobody puts Baby in the corner," kind of mood. Enjoy and until tomorrow...



(The song I was referring to above was Love Hurts by Incubus.)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Angela, just popped over from BYW and so glad I did. These dance clips just made my day!
    Hope all is going well.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, thanks for stopping by :) Always glad to make someone elses day. Anytime you can get Patrick Swayze, John Travolta, Kevin Bacon and Mikhail Baryshnikov in one place it is bound to make for a great time. Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THAT SONG! totally a ring tone on my phone. and i get the same lofty look when i start to sing in the car. although i had a dream last night that i was a finalist on american idol. probably not going to come true right? right... i can still picture your dance moves to Ke$ha!

    the video makes me want to shake my ungraceful bootay! thanks Angie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't sit still! OMG, so much fun! I have to go to that site. Brings back so many memories as just about everybody has seen those movies!!! I am going to dance over to the dooce website. Thanks for that! Hugs, Margie

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Margie glad to share. I had forgotten about White Nights and actually now have that on my rental list to try and track down, it has been so long since I have seen most of those movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was Great!! It made me feel so good. I really miss watching all the great dancers. My feet wont stop moving.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails