Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday afternoon at the movies

Hi all!! Hard to believe Sunday afternoon is already upon us, is anyone else looking to see where their weekend went to?

I revisited one of my all time favorite flicks this weekend. I am a sucker for a great movie set, gorgeous costumes and color combinations that leave me wanting more. Another thing I love to do is make color palettes. I began doing this about a year ago when I had a design composition professor who was big on having us all present the color palettes for our projects before we began. I have continued this practice and love to refer back to different palettes when I am need of some inspiration for upcoming projects, parties, or just because color makes me happy.

I decided that these two things should meet and become friends and become my first regular column here on 365. Introducing... "Color Palette Movie Sunday". Every week I will share with you an inspiration board and color story of some great films that I leave me feeling inspired and renewed.


I love Sofia Coppola's version of Marie Antoinette, it is a lovely film that is full of color, music, costumes and gorgeous sets, it was filmed in Versailles for goodness sake. I really enjoy all the colors that she incorporated into her vision and they all complement one another beautifully. If you watch the special features of the dvd, like I do, she speaks about how she was inspired by colors of French Macaroon cookies, as well as 80's rock, and tried to stay away from some of the darker colors that are often seen in period films.

I hope these colors inspire you to do something lovely, bright and fun (and if they do send me a link I would love to see how they inspired you!)


Still trying to determine what movie will be featured next , any suggestions??

Well I am off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday afternoon I hear some John Denver calling my name.

7 comments:

  1. Hi. Visiting from BYW class. I love the inspiration behind your blog. We all, ALL need inspiration every day. Your colllage is awesome. I stayed up way too late last night making collages and trying out the new software. :)

    Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to you as well :) Thanks for stopping in and saying hello. I can't tell you how happy your lovely comments made me.
    I also was up quite late playing with all the new things we have learned over the past couple of weeks, there are just so many possibilities.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeez Angela, you rocked this collage post! I am struggling to put a frame around a photo and add text. Great job sweets! Love your site! Margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Margie thanks so much!!! I love logging on and seeing that you have paid me a visit, makes me smile every time:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophia Copola's Marie Antoinette is one of the most beautiful movies I have ever seen. I draw so much inspiration from her aesthetic as well! See you at BYW...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails